Supper Club Recipe with Lulu Bliss: Best Ever Banana Bread
Everybody has a trusty banana bread recipe in their repertoire. It’s the first thing a lot of people learn to bake because it’s pretty hard to mess up. After trying various recipes this is the recipe I’ve settled on. It’s soft, lightly sweet and packs a big banana punch.
My secret to extra banana flavour? Frozen bananas. Just make sure you defrost them before baking.
2 x Eggs
90g Vegetable oil
106g Brown sugar
1 Teaspoon vanilla extract
1 x Teaspoon salt
1/2 Teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
222g plain flour
340g bananas (Approx. 2-3 medium size bananas - the browner the better!)
1. Preheat over to 180C/ 350F, lightly grease a loaf pan or line with baking paper.
2. In a large mixing bowl beat the eggs, honey, oil, sugar and vanilla until smooth. Add the bananas and beat until your desired consistency is reached.
3. Using a spatula fold in the salt, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder and flour, mixing until well combined.
4. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 55-65 minutes, or until the loaf is done (when a cake tester or toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean)
5. Remove from oven and let cool for 10-15 minutes before turning out and slicing.
Want to jazz up your banana bread? Try adding half a cup of choc chips, nuts or dried fruit. It’s really hard to mess up banana bread so have fun experimenting by adding fun flavours. Happy cooking!