Moist, chocolatey and contains a serve of vegetables?!
Where do I sign up? This Chocolate Zucchini Bread delivers a rich chocolate flavour without being too sweet, making it hard to stop at one slice!
2 x eggs
1/3 cup (113g) honey
1/2 cup (99g) vegetable oil
1/2 cup (106g) brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon espresso powder (optional)
1/3 cup (28g) cocoa
1 2/3 (202g) Plain Flour
2 cups shredded, unpeeled zucchini
1 cup (170g) chocolate chips
1. Preheat over to 180C/ 350F, lightly grease a loaf pan or line with baking paper.
2. In a large mixing bowl beat the eggs, honey, oil, sugar and vanilla until smooth.
3. Add the salt, baking soda, baking powder, espresso powder, cocoa and flour, mixing until well combined.
4. Stir in the zucchini and chocolate chips.
5. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 65-75 minutes, or until the loaf is done (when a cake tester or toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean)
6. Remove from oven and let cool for 10-15 minutes before turning out and slicing.