First of all, congrats on taking the leap and booking your Pearl Davies Photography session! It's going to be fun, an amazing experience, and super empowering for you. Wardrobe is an essential part of your session. A huge part of the success of your session is using proper wardrobe that is not only beautiful, but that flatters your body. It doesn't have to be complicated. I am a believer in stripping down. Less is more (unless more is more...haha).
Here is my cheat sheet for you to shop and know what to bring for your session. Hope it helps you. Feel free to reach out with questions any time so I can help you through this part of the process. If you want to skip straight to My Favorite Places to Shop then click here and I'll see you down there!
It's important that we focus on what you are going to wear, in a way that minimizes the outfits effect on the image so that what you are wearing doesn't take away from YOU. When we focus too much on these stand-out outfits and props, we lose focus on our goal, which is to EMPOWER YOU. With this in mind, I have created the following guide to help you select the best wardrobe for your upcoming session with me.
I want you: vulnerable, exposed, raw, and extremely beautiful. It may sound intimidating, but it's my job to empower you and provide you with a body positive experience. It's about reconnecting you with you: your femininity, sensuality, your sexuality, and your womanhood.
I have curated a Client Wardrobe that is always growing. I have over 200 unique pieces inclusive for all women including lingerie, robes, tanks, shoes, jewelry, and more. They are currently in storage until our new bangin studio opens in 2021 but I'm more than happy to go fishing for something I have for your set. I do not charge a rental fee for using items from my curated Client Wardrobe but will be doing add ons for specialist pieces once our new studio opens. Until then however you have free rein on all my wardrobe pieces.
I do require you to bring to your session:
(1) NUDE AND (1) BLACK plain seamless thongs, panties or G-strings in like new condition.
This is for wearing underneath the client wardrobe pieces if we decide to go that route. Some ideas for staple items you might want to bring to your session, but are not required:
• High heels that are in like new condition. The higher the heel, the better. I do have nude and black heels in size 7-11 in the client wardrobe, but you are welcome to bring your own. Shoes are a great way to express your individuality but some images look amazing barefoot.
• Black high waisted panties, and a strappy/lacy/sexy black panties, bralettes or other soft cupped/stretch lace bras
• Your favorite jewelry, just a few pieces is fine, probably your everyday pieces and a few special or statement pieces to go with your outfits
• Fun accessories like fur coats, leather jackets, vests, thigh highs, fishnet tights, or anything clothing related that brings out your personality
• FISHNETS!! or thigh highs or patterned tights. These make for a great add-on to an outfit, or a super sexy way to go nude (YAAASSS!!!)
• Something from your everyday wardrobe like a sweater, tee-shirt, button up dress shirt, jeans or jean shorts, something "off the cuff" that you love that we can make super sexy
SOME OF MY FAVORITE PLACES TO SHOP: